Acne is one of the most common skin conditions among men and women all over the world, but what causes it? How to prevent and cure acne?
Acne, a skin condition common among teenagers can be caused by excessive oil, blocked pores by dead skin or bacteria.
There are different types of acne:
- pustules, which are commonly called pimples
If it wasn’t enough, scarring caused by acne can cause emotional distress, but there are different ways to prevent and treat this problem. Before starting the treatment it is necessary to distinguish between non inflammatory and inflammatory acne.
By non inflammatory we mean that type of acne that is not painful and doesn‘t cause swelling(whiteheads and blackheads), these types of acne are the easiest to treat, you can use non invasive gels or lotions that contain particular ingredients, such as:
- benzoyl peroxide
- salicylic acid
To prevent the formation of this kind of acne you might just follow some daily rules that will change your life and your skin forever:
1) Wash your face with water and soap twice a day;
2) Reduce stress
3) Follow an healthy and balanced diet
4) Limit exposure to the sun
5) Always wear sunscreen when outdoors
If on one side there is this easy kind of acne, but on the other side there is hormonal acne that requires a bit more attention and the expert’s help.
The inflammatory type of acne can be:
The most popular ways to treat inflammatory acne are:
- antibiotics, such as tetracycline, doxycycline, and amoxicillin
- topical corticosteroids
- oral contraceptives for hormonal-related acne
- systemic retinoids, such as isotretinoin
- steroid injections
- chemical peels that are available in pharmacies or online
- photodynamic therapy to combat bacteria
- drainage and extraction to remove large cysts
Even though it is not possible to cure this kind of acne at home, going for a healthier lifestyle and washing your face with water and soap twice a day can be useful, you need to be patient, in 8 weeks this nightmare will be over.